Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hi, Darlings, it's Katie again!

The photo on the left is my Mom and Dad at their wedding. The marriage lasted four years, and they never saw each other again after my Mom left (she said) to get some corn from a local farmer for supper. I don't know if she ever got any--corn or sugar from that farmer--because I never saw her again either. Oddly enough, I am her slightly more healthy looking clone--or so I've been told.

I'll let you judge for yourselves. Here you see my Mom and Dad at their ill-fated wedding.

Below find Dad and me at my high school graduation about 22 years later. (I think he's wearing same suit.)

Am I my mother's clone? I'm certainly not her keeper!

Here we are, Dad and me both freshly scrubbed and wearing ill-fitting, unflattering clothes for the grand occasion of my high school graduation.

I realized after I bought the dress that I had nothing but athletic shoes to wear with it. We'd already made one long trek to K-mart in Cheboygan for the dress--so I went barefoot up the aisle to receive the diploma! Note the similarity in Dad's pose to that at his wedding--the pride, the strong protective arm around the shoulder.
These photos go a long way toward suggesting that Freud was right about everything. Can you say Electra complex?

Think about it. Love, Kate!

P.S. The oversized 70s-style free medicaid eyeglass frames and my overgrown, crestfallen wannabe-Farrah hair are part of the tragedy of my youth!

No comments: