Saturday, September 1, 2007

Love, Wonder Women.......



Just a little something I came "ahem" across today, and thought of Cousin Scarlet. We all have our icons, those bastions of sexuality. For me, it's Patrick Stewart's butt and Angelina Jolie's lips.
Admittedly, I did have a very warped childhood, and after seeing Patrick Stewart in I, Claudius, I had a very severe case of lust. I was twelve at the time. Sejanus, Stewart's character, if anyone out there has either read Grave's book or watched the BBC's adaptation, was NOT a very nice character. It didn't worry me at all. Actually thrilled me in rather a disturbing way. Ahem. I think Scarlet might have quite a bit of insight into that.......

Perhaps I should find a more modern icon? However, Hollywoodland falls far short of my lurid fantasies. Where does the stuff of dark fantasy come from and why do we need it so? And don't be coy and pretend we don't need the dark side. How do we explain the fascination with the Vampires, the Werewolves, the shapeshifters and things that go bump in the night? We all need something a little darker, a little meatier, something that makes the fine hair on the back of our necks prickle....just a little.

I'll keep looking for that frisson of fear and eroticism. It's a heady blend, but I'm not twelve anymore.
Kisses,
Kennedy.

No comments: